1. WHAT ARE BITCOINS ?
Bitcoin is a digital currency with no central authority or banks controlling it. Bitcoin is fully decentralized. From a user perspective, bitcoin is pretty much like cash for the Internet. Bitcoins aren’t printed, like dollars or euros – they’re produced by people and businesses, running computers all around the world, using software that solves mathematical problems. Bitcoin can be used worldwide by anyone with a computer/smartphone and Internet access. Also, bitcoins are the first example of a cryptocurrency, a well-known growing new category of money. There are a plenty of good articles you might want to read before starting with Bitcoin. Here you can find answers to probably all questions you might have: https://bitcoin.org/en/faq
2. WHY SHOULD I CHOSE BITCOINS ?
There are at least five incontestable advantages to pay with bitcoins:
1. You stay anonymous! Any wallet can have multiple (as many as you want) addresses for receiving and sending bitcoins. These addresses are not associated with your personal info! Account verification might be mandatory for Bitcoin Exchanges, places where you can buy bitcoins for fiat (USD, EURO,etc.), but you don’t need to do this for your personal wallet or wallets. So, if you buy bitcoins at Coinbase your account is associated with your bitcoin wallet. However, nobody knows where to and what for you are sending bitcoins. You can use temporary intermediate wallets for higher safety.
2. If you pay with bitcoins we will deliver your order 1-2 days faster, because Western Union and Money Gram require sometimes up to 48 hours to get payment confirmation.
3. If you pay with bitcoins you get extra discount from us.
For international warehouse: 10% discount; no code is needed.
For EU Domestic warehouse – 5% discount, no code is needed.
4. Bitcoin is a decentralized currency. As compared against Western Union or Money Gram bitcoin-transfers are fast and they cannot be blocked by any authority! If you pay by WU or MG they can block your payment for some reason. In this case, you will need to resend your payment, which implies additional fees, time losses and inconvenience. With Bitcoin you won`t ever face such issues. Bitcoin transfers are always easy, fast and smooth.
5. Availability 24/7/365. You don`t need to think when to find time to visit a bank, WU office etc. Do you have holidays or night-time at the moment? With bitcoin it does not matter. If you need to transfer bitcoins at 3 a.m. on Sunday, they will be transferred at 3 a.m. on Sunday. You don`t even need to leave your house. Only a computer/smartphone and Internet connection are required.
3. HOW AND WHERE TO GET BITCOINS?
There are many exchanges in Internet allowing bitcoin purchase for USD, EURO or your local currency through conventional payment ways (Visa\Mastercard, etc.). We prepared for you the list of the most popular and trusted exchanges.
Please note, most of these options require user verification before bitcoin purchase, in line with KYC/AML regulations (Know Your Customer/Anti Money Laundering). This is a formal/regular procedure, which is done only one time, when you register an account. As we noticed in I.2 exchanges know, that you buy bitcoins, but they cannot know where to and what for you send them. In our store customers receive all the time different bitcoin addresses to send bitcoins to.
Coinbase is probably the most popular and damn easy to use exchange, which combines an attractive interface, a great site to get bitcoins with a debit card , and multiple online wallets for your digital currency. Over 4,800,000 users are signed up, including 45,000 merchants, and 9000 developer apps. Works well for European, American, & Canadian customers. All instructions are provided on www.coinbase.com
Mobile apps: available for Android and IOS
LocalBitcoins is a popular p2p (person to person) market place, similar to eBay. This site allows you to buy bitcoins at different ways in 13924 cities and 248 countries. Buyers and sellers create offers and must agree on a price and terms of a trade before a transaction can be made. It’s possible to buy bitcoins with no ID on LocalBitcoins either by buying with cash deposit or meeting in person and trading cash. This is one of the first and most reputed exchanges available. Escrow and dispute resolution is provided by the site.
With LibertyX you can pay by cash and get bitcoins instantly at 19,000+ local stores in the USA. Visit https://libertyx.com/ or dowlnload the mobile app to find the nearest store to you.
Download LibertyX for IOS
Download LibertyX for Android
Wall of Coins is a peer-to-peer cash exchange, currently available in the United States, Canada, Germany, Argentina, Latvia, Poland, and the Philippines. A phone number is required for use, but not for verification purposes. No ID is required. Just go to https://wallofcoins.com/en/ and click on “Buy bitcoins”.
Buy bitcoins with cash deposits, debit/credit cards, online transfers or gift cards. Video tutorial is available on site.
At CoinMama, you can buy bitcoins with a credit card and no verification for your first $150 worth of bitcoin purchases. However, bitcoin-USD ratio is higher. On the other side our 10% discount for all orders paid by bitcoins fully compensates all fees.
BITPANDA is Europe’s most popular service to buy and sell bitcoin.
Bitit is an Europe-based exchange. It allows users to buy bitcoin online with a 3D Secure credit or debit card in 10 minutes and with cash in more than 150K+ Local Stores using Neosurf, Flexepin or Cashlib vouchers. First 25 euros worth can be purchased without ID.
Bitcoin ATMs are similar to regular ATMs, but instead of spitting out fiat currency, deliver bitcoins to your wallet upon the insertion of cash. There are different types of Bitcoin ATMs made by a variety of companies. Each ATM is unique; some may require verification, a picture of your ID, or confirmation via phone number. There are, however, a number of ATMs that allow customers to buy without any verification. Coin ATM Radar keeps track of Bitcoin ATMs across the world. You can use Coin ATM Radar to determine if a Bitcoin ATM near you requires verification.
You can specify there our bitcoin address (which you receive at the checkout) to pay directly to us, thus, you even don`t need to create a bitcoin wallet.
In fact there are much more exchanges. Please follow the link to check the rating list of TOP45 exchanges: www.bestbitcoinexchange.io
The more complete list of exchanges is available here:
4. HOW DO I SEND/RECEIVE BITCOINS?
Your bitcoins are stored in your bitcoin wallet software. Always back it up! If you lose or delete your wallet-file and don`t have recovery info or backup you lose our money. So be careful. There are lot of software wallets for almost all operating systems. The full list of official wallets for all platforms is available here:
For Windows, there are 2 types of wallets: full and lightweight. Full wallets download full transaction history for all time of the bitcoin existence. It is called blockchain. For now, it takes over 100 Gb of your disk space and several hours for full synchronization. However, only at the first launch. After this, it will work fast. Among these wallets Bitcoin core is the most popular, official and secure client. It has improved privacy and does not disclose information about IP-address, etc. to others.
Lightweight wallets do not download full blockchain to your PC. They connect to remote servers, which store the full copy of blockchain. For the most users lightweight wallets are an optimum solution.
Electrum (https://electrum.org/) is of the most popular lightweight bitcoin wallets.
So, how does it works?
Bitcoin wallets generate special addresses, which look like a string of letters and numbers. For example: 36v9srRacSL9J1J4Yan3pPjeNQUeXSEvBa
You always send money to addresses similar to the one posted above (Don`t send bitcoins to the address above, it is just an example!). When you install the wallet software you will be able to generate a numerous amount of similar addresses within this wallet.
Important: After you install and launch a lightweight wallet app for the first time to create a new bitcoin wallet the app will provide you so-called seed phrase, which is a sentence consisting of 12 or more words.
- Official bitcoin/USD ratio can be always checked here:
https://blockchain.info/charts/market-price However, each exchanger has its own Bitcoin-USD ratio. Consider it, when buying your Bitcoins.
If you use a wallet on your mobile phone, use a QR-code to send bitcoins. Find the option “Scan QR-code” in your mobile wallet and direct camera of your smartphone to the QR-code. Our store shows such codes after checkout if bitcoin is chosen as payment option
The QR-code will be decrypted by your wallet into bitcoin address and automatically inserted into the “Send to” field of your mobile wallet.